Saturday, March 22, 2014

peppers, curds, and dumplings


Anthony asked if I could make noodles tonight. I looked for a good recipe, but didn't find one right away, so I just winged it since it was time to make supper. I used flour and water for my noodles that were actually more like dumplings. We are thinking about getting a KitchenAid Pasta Roller so we can actually make noodles instead of dumplings!

I also created a sauce to go with the noodles. I was careful to cook my peppers and tomatoes before adding yogurt hoping that the yogurt would not curdle. I was so pleased that the yogurt did not curdle when I added it to my sauce. I kept my sauce on low heat once I added the yogurt. Before I could serve up dinner, the yogurt curdled. I was disappointed. I'm wondering what made the yogurt curdle. I added black pepper and nutmeg near the end. Not sure if possibly the nutmeg could have caused some reaction. I know in Indian curries, spices are cooked first, onion and tomatoes are then added, finally yogurt is added (probably to prevent it from curdling). I will have to do some research. Dinner was still good, and Anthony even got seconds.










No comments:

Post a Comment