Sunday, March 2, 2014

Broccoli Raab & Leek Stir-Fry With Coconut


I made an easy stir-fry with new-to-me vegetables. I googled leek and rapini/ broccoli raab to see what I was up against. From the pics I saw online it looked like leek was sliced similar to scallions/ green onions but cut down the middle first. I checked on rapini to see what parts of it are edible. Turns out, it's all edible. I learned rapini is bitter and is often sweetened with sugar. I sweetened my stir-fry with brown sugar and coconut flakes. I smelled a few of my Indian spice mixes to see which one or ones I wanted to put in my stir-fry. I decided on rasam powder for my seasoning. Dinner was amazing. To me the rapini stalks reminded me of asparagus, the foliage reminded me of perhaps spinach or some type of greens, and the mini broccoli florets on it . . . why broccoli of course.

Broccoli Raab & Leek Stir-Fry

1 Leek
1 1/2 Tsp. Rasam Powder
1/2 Bunch of Broccoli Raab
3 Tsp. Brown Sugar
2 TB Coconut Flakes

 










No comments:

Post a Comment