Friday, January 24, 2014

Steamed Bread With Molasses Sweetened Red Bean Paste Filling



Anthony and I ate a variety of steamed breads this past summer in Nanjing, China. Red bean was Anthony's favorite flavor. This evening I created my own recipe for steamed bread with red bean paste filling. 

I just used the dough setting on my bread machine to make the dough. Feel free to refer to some of my other posts about steamed breads for more info about making them: Vegetable Filled Steamed BreadChinese Dumplings And Baozi, and Anthony's Favorite Chinese Food: Baozi!

For my filling, I drained and mashed a can of red beans. I added granulated sugar and then molasses. The molasses improved the color, texture, and taste of my filling. Not to mention, it was fun to throw in an American southern ingredient.

Steamed Bread With Molasses Sweetened Red Bean Paste Filling:

1 cup Water
2 3/4 cups Self-Rising Flour

1 can of Red Beans
2 1/2 Tb Granulated Sugar
2 1/2 Tb Molasses







No comments:

Post a Comment