Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Dill Dumplings With Vegetable Filling


Anthony and I love Asian dumplings. We ate them often when we were in China. The past few times I've made dumplings here in the States I just used ground beef instead of ground pork since beef was all I found at the store. This time, I wanted to make a lighter version so I used only vegetables, no meat. I added some dill to the dough for a little extra flavor. They were delicious. I had them hot and served on the table when Anthony got home from school. He said he felt like a king!

Dill Dumplings With Vegetable Filling:

1 Cup Water
2 3/4 Cups Flour
1 Tb Oil
2 Tsp. Dried Dill

1 Finely Chopped Green Bell Pepper
1 Finely Chopped Onion
1 Tsp. Minced Garlic
1 1/2 Tb Balsamic Vinegar
1 1/2 Tb Soy Sauce

1. The vegetable filling can be chopped and mixed ahead of time and left in the fridge.

2. Dump first four ingredients in bread machine. Put on dough cycle. Take out after maybe half an hour. Roll dough out with rolling pin. Use a cup to cut out the rounds for dumplings.

3. Fill dumplings. Seal. Drop in boiling water and cook for eight minutes or until done.








No comments:

Post a Comment