Monday, January 20, 2014

Half Veggie Half Pepperoni



I wanted to make my half of the pizza with no saturated fat. I did. I also decided to leave out some other things. Guess what. I made dough with no oil, no sugar, and no salt. Don't try this at home. What I had on my hands was just shy of tacky glue. It was all over my bread machine canister too. I did put some Italian herbs in my dough for a flavor factor. A little salt wouldn't have hurt the recipe.

On to toppings. I used leftover sauce I had from the other day. Then, I put mozzarella and pepperoni on Anthony's half. On my side, I put yellow squash, onion, and mini peppers all of which I had artfully sliced.

My half was so amazing I did not even miss the cheese! My veggie half quickly rose to all-star status in my experience with veggie pizzas. Gonna try this one again.











2 comments:

  1. Yeah, you need a little salt in the bread dough! :) It helps counteract something about the yeast :) Without the sugar or oil, it's basically a French bread dough, so that's no problem. I like all the veggies on yours though! Pizza's not bad at all without cheese. Did it for about a year and a half while nursing Camon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, exactly Diana. I'm leaving off the cheese while nursing Shastya. I don't miss it. I'll have to "google" that about the salt and yeast. Interesting. Thanks for commenting:)

    ReplyDelete