Monday, December 9, 2013

3D Printing



So our blender broke last year. The only thing that needed to be replaced was the connector between the motor and the blade. This past summer Anthony drew up the replacement part on Solid Works and printed it off on a 3D printer. We tried it with the blender but the blender sheered off parts of the connector.

Tonight, Anthony reconfigured the printing instructions so that the replacement connector part would no longer be hollow. He tried printing the part with our new 3D printer. This second new replacement part was solid, and it worked when we tried it with our blender!

Unfortunately, the smoothie we made in the blender did not work. We had planned on a banana peach smoothie but the peach was rotten inside. We switched our plan to a banana nut smoothie. The outcome chewed like raspberry walnut vinaigrette, and tasted like banana bread batter- nasty.

 The Sheered 1st Replacement Part


Printing The 2nd Replacement Part


















Banana Nut Smoothie





2nd Replacement Part Still Intact After Blending