Saturday, December 28, 2013

Vegetable Filled Steamed Bread


Today I decided to try a few new things while making baozi / steamed bread. First, instead of making them with meat inside like I had done previously, I used vegetables. Second, instead of using self-rising flour, I used regular flour and yeast. Third, instead of mixing and kneading the dough by hand, I used my bread machine. The vegetable filled steamed breads turned out great! Until another time, I think I will try fresh spinach instead of canned. The canned spinach supplied a mushy texture instead of a crunchy or fibrous one.

Dough:

1 tsp. Yeast
1 c. Warm Water
2 1/2 c. Flour
1Tb Oil
1/2 tsp. Salt

Filling:

1 can Spinach (drained)
1/2 Onion
Red Pepper Flakes
Honey
Nutmeg
Curry
Balsamic Vinegar
Salt













No comments:

Post a Comment