Sunday, December 29, 2013

Non-traditional Fusion: Asian Italian Soup


On the last trip to the store I bought some rice noodles. This evening I asked my husband if he wanted fried rice or spicy noodles for dinner. He said spicy noodles. But then I told him I didn't have any inspiration for making spicy noodles. I couldn't think of what to put with them from what we had on hand for dinner. I began thinking of my options for fried rice. I remembered however that we had eaten a sort of rice recently. I went back to plan a, spicy noodles. I went to the cupboard and pulled out the rice noodles. We didn't really have the right ingredients to make spicy noodles. Then I drew a blank. I went to the fridge and pulled out some leftover tomato sauce. I dumped it in a pan. Then I added water. Next, I added rice noodles. Finally, I added honey roasted peanuts, balsamic vinegar, and cayenne pepper. It worked. Dinner was tasty.













No comments:

Post a Comment