Monday, January 6, 2014

Sandwich Night



Last night on our way home from church we were discussing what kind of snack to have. Anthony thought spicy grilled cheese sounded good for him. I was having a little more trouble coming up with a sandwich for me. Finally, I thought of something: apple, lettuce, and spicy mustard on honey-wheat. Anthony made our sandwiches. They turned out very well. He would not try a bite of my sandwich. He didn't think it sounded very tasty. I think I'll ask for it again though. I rather liked it. The Granny Smith apple was very tart complementing the spicy mustard so profoundly as to make a rather savory grilled sandwich.



Apple Sandwich:

2 Slices Honey-Wheat Bread
1 Thinly-sliced Granny Smith Apple
2 Leaves Romaine Lettuce
2 Tsp. Spicy Mustard

Spicy Grilled Cheese:

2 Slices Honey-Wheat Bread
1 Slice Pepper-jack Cheese
1 Slice American Cheese
3 Tsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese
A Few Dashes of Red Pepper Flakes
A Few Dashes of Cayenne Pepper
2 Leaves of Romaine Lettuce
1 Tb. Chipotle Ranch Salad Dressing







1 comment: