Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Grad Student Wife

The grad student wife needs to be flexible with dinner times regarding unexpected changes in class schedules, class ending times, public transportation schedules, and other surprises. This being said, this evening I did meal prep early, stuck dinner in the fridge, and cooked it after hubby arrived home. Of course I did get a little hungry and antsy as I am pregnant. What better way to tide us over to mealtime than to make a mocha frappuccino with our new blending machine! That is exactly what I did, once I got dinner cooking after the return of dear Anthony. I was kind enough to share the frappe with him. We both thoroughly enjoyed it and then dinner when it was ready. This evening's menu included:

Mocha Frappuccino

-leftover coffee
-lots of ice
-chocolate syrup
-milk

Anthony's Favorite Side Salad

-lettuce
-carrots
-dried cranberries
-honey roasted peanuts
-ranch salad dressing

Almond Bacon Crusted Swai

-swai fillets
-ground almonds
-grated parmesan cheese
-chopped bacon
-olive oil spray

Sugar Snap Peas






















6 comments:

  1. Shari is a great cook and wife!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I love sugar snap peas. Anthony's favorite salad sounds a lot like mine - except I use spinach or a spinach/kale mix instead of lettuce. Glad to see you are doing well. I miss you at the shoe store, but this looks MUCH more exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm. Love spinach. Miss you too. Anthony and I are enjoying life with a baby on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. is Anthony a ranch-aholic like me? yum. I put it on everything

    ReplyDelete
  5. you two are the most adorable and perfectly matched couple. Love, Aunt Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ranch is one of maybe two salad dressings Anthony likes! He will eat Honey Mustard occasionally.

    We love each other!

    ReplyDelete