Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Anthony & Shari's Hearty Oatmeal

So we woke up late, made the bed and rushed into the kitchen. Anthony started pouring water in the coffeemaker while I started setting milk, mugs, and Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla coffee grounds down on the counter beside him. We had already discussed having oatmeal for breakfast and I had mentioned putting an apple in it. I scurried dangerously across the kitchen floor to the island with a little knife, cutting board and small gala apple. Anthony yanked raisins and roasted almonds out of the cabinet and set them on the island beside me. I chopped the apple so quickly I made mention of chopping everything except my fingers. Into the bowl it all went, with rolled oats, 1 Tb of raisins, maybe 15 chopped almonds, 2% milk, a couple dashes of salt, and a little brown sugar. We baked it for 5 minutes in the microwave and then poured some more milk on it before chowing down. Delicious, nutritious breakfast:)



No comments:

Post a Comment