Thursday, February 20, 2014

Gelato Disaster


Somehow I came up with the idea of sensuous papaya date pecan gelato. Bottom line is, it didn't turn out. I even forgot to take pictures of the late stages of my gelato disaster. My apologies. I have some theories as to what could have gone wrong with my creation: 1) my "gelato" mixture came to a boil when it was not supposed to, 2) I used all milk, no cream, 3) I had a bunch of curious add-ins, 4) all of the above. I am inclined to go with the fourth theory. My gelato disaster did taste good, but it looked atrocious, and most certainly was not going to solidify in any creamy fashion in the the freezer. A perfect, horrendous looking kaleidoscope of milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, pureed papaya, dates, and pecans that just did not turn out.







No comments:

Post a Comment