Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Carbonara Light after Class

So tonight I sauteed some bacon pieces in olive oil then added yogurt and salsa.  Next, I poured water, a bag of frozen peas, and a box of whole wheat thin spaghetti into the pot. I put the lid on our dinner to bring it to a boil. I really am not a huge fan of whole wheat pasta, but I eat it sometimes because it's healthy. To me, it tastes kind of like cardboard, but I was hoping that between the bacon and salsa something would give the pasta some flavor. I just figured I'd let the concoction cook on the stove awhile while I waited for Anthony to get back from class. I tried a bite at one point, and it still needed a lot of something or some things. I added cayenne, salt, Parmesan, and minced garlic before again putting the lid on it. When we sat down to eat I was pleasantly surprised that Carbonara Light was a success.


3 comments:

  1. I agree with the cardboard connection, but your concoction actually sounds scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention I also added some spring mix right at the end. I always add greens/lettuce last so they don't get too slimy. I of course saved a little spring mix at the bottom of my lettuce container to put on Anthony's sandwich today.

    ReplyDelete