Saturday, August 24, 2013

Sausage & Vegetables

Thinking about what to make for dinner, I thought I would use sausage, zucchini squash, and yellow squash. I thought I'd use squash because we have a lot of it. I decided on sausage from the meat drawer which also included fish and chicken because we had eaten those other meats recently. The original plan was to toss up the sausage and squash with pasta, greens, and some kind of cream sauce. I grabbed a can of New England clam chowder to use as a base for my sauce. I had a head of red oak lettuce to throw in the pan right when the dish was about done. I also pulled the last of the baby carrots from the fridge and a whole onion. Then I remembered we already had pasta a couple times in the last day or so. I promptly changed my plans to sausage and vegetables. I figured the squash would be a lot of carbs in the absence of pasta. I put the clam chowder and red oak lettuce away. I cut the onion in half so as not to overpower the dish. I cooked the sausage, onions, and carrots first since I knew they would need the most time, later adding the squash, water, and then the leftover broccoli. Dousing it all with Worcestershire sauce at the last second, I then added pepper, salt, and a lid. I wanted the sausage and vegetable flavors to really shine so I waited to season.




Sausage & Vegetables

Olive Oil Spray
Sausage
Vidalia Onion
Baby Carrots
Yellow Squash
Zucchini Squash
Water
Leftover Broccoli Florets
Worcestershire Sauce
Black Pepper
Salt

1 comment: