Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Gourmet French Toast Sticks & Chicken Sticks


Last night Anthony asked me if I wanted to make french toast for breakfast this morning. I said something to the effect that we had just eaten french toast recently. He said maybe I could make french toast sticks. I said sure.

This morning when we woke up, it was too late for me to prepare french toast sticks for Anthony before he had to leave. In the afternoon today, when I started thinking about what to prepare for dinner I decided to make french toast sticks for dinner. I remembered that we had a couple chicken tenderloins kicking around in the fridge though that I had been saving all week to create a sweet potato chicken curry recipe with. I then decided I would make the sweet potato thing another time after I go to the store for some more fresh ginger to complete that recipe. So then at present, it was on me to figure out some innovative dinner combo for the french toast and chicken so that the two chicken tenders did not go bad.

I quickly came up with the idea that rosemary and thyme would be the perfect herbs to create a fun flavorful finger food meal of savory french toast sticks and chicken tenders. After I got to cooking the dinner, I thought it might look funny to just serve one chicken tender a piece for each of us, and the chicken tenders were taking a little long to cook so I split them down the middle. My now slim chicken sticks mirrored the french toast sticks well. I really enjoyed the overall look of the dinner. I loved this fresh, new, edgy, dinner french toast entree.


Rosemary Thyme French Toast Sticks:

2 Wheat Sub Rolls
3 Large Eggs
1 Tsp Rosemary
1 Tsp Thyme

 Grilled Chicken Sticks:

2 Chicken Tenderloins
Dash of Rosemary
Dash of  Thyme









1 comment:

  1. Amazing post, Moreover, if you want to taste the delicious chicken or dessert flavors then check out the slim chickens gluten free menu

    ReplyDelete