Monday, February 10, 2014

How To Get Anthony To Eat Raw Strawberries


Last night was like many other nights, we needed our midnight snack. I thought maybe we could eat some bowls of berries but Anthony said he doesn't really like eating them raw, that they are too tart. I asked him if he had ever eaten strawberries and cream with brown sugar. He said he hadn't. I told him that my family and I first fell in love with the dish when we were at Disney World in Florida. Quite a few years back, we had eaten strawberries and cream as an appetizer for breakfast a number of times at one of our favorite breakfast spots there. Anthony agreed to give the dish a try.

I used milk instead of cream. One, because it's healthier, two, because that's all we had on hand, and three, now that I think about it, because to me it tastes better. We both enjoyed our lovely snack. The berries were sweet enough with the milk and sugar for Anthony to enjoy! I really liked the dish presentation that I fashioned. The pattern I made with the strawberries on our plates reminded me of Amish quilt squares.

Strawberries & Cream

6 Large Strawberries
4 Tsp. Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup of Milk

1. Sprinkle brown sugar on two plates.
2. Cut strawberries in half and arrange on plates.
3. Pour milk slowly on to plates.







No comments:

Post a Comment