Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Poached Chicken With Fresh Berries Over Napa Cabbage


This salad came to my mind shortly after I returned home from the grocery store with a bunch of great whole fresh ingredients! I did not let the fact that I didn't know what one of the ingredients was deter me from creating a fabulous salad. I mean, I could ball park the ingredient. It was definitely in the cabbage/ greens/ lettuce family. I thought it might be Swiss chard or Chinese cabbage. Anthony and I had just watched an episode of Iron Chef America on Amazon recently, and  the "secret ingredient" on that episode had been Swiss chard. I made our salads for lunch still not completely knowing what our mystery item was.

After lunch I googled Swiss chard. That was not our item. Then I googled types of cabbage. I saw pics of Chinese cabbage and Napa cabbage that looked similar to what I had brought home from the store. Taking a closer look, a certain Buzzle article clarified for me that what I had just used for our salads was indeed Napa cabbage. I told Anthony of my discovery. I laughed as I told him that I had seen Napa printed on the big twisty tie wrapped around my Napa cabbage, and that I had just thought that it said Napa like oranges say Florida, or some produce says California.

Poached Chicken With Fresh Berries Over Napa Cabbage:

1 Raw Chicken Breast
1/2 Head of Napa Cabbage
4 Large Strawberries
Handful of Blackberries
1 Lemon
Black Pepper

1. Drop raw chicken breast into boiling water. Turn heat down a little. Cook until done.

2. Cut cabbage and strawberries. Arrange first four ingredients on two plates.

3. Cut lemon in half. Squeeze lemon juice over salads. Sprinkle salads with black pepper.



  








No comments:

Post a Comment