Thursday, June 5, 2014

Gourmet Pizza: "From Scratch" Curry Sauce + Specialty Cheeses


They say "necessity is the mother of invention." I love being creative so I think things just get more fun in the kitchen when a few key ingredients are missing. Last night, my plan was to make a pizza for dinner. Since there was no tomato sauce in the cabinets, and since there were no fresh tomatoes in our refrigerator, I knew we were in for a treat. I thought about making a black sauce out of black beans or making a yellow curry sauce. Because I had been wanting to try making a pizza with a curry sauce for some time, I decided to do that. I'll just have to come back to my black sauce idea. Maybe I could make it from black beans and squid ink! My curry pizza sauce turned out "out of this world." I'll definitely have to "write home" about it. Want the recipe?

Shari's "From Scratch" Curry Pizza Sauce

1 1/2 TB Oil
1 Chopped Fresh Onion
1 Cup Water
2 1/2 TB Ketchup
1 1/2 TB Ginger Paste
1 1/2 TB Minced Garlic in Oil
1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
1 Tsp Garam Masala
1 Tsp  Tumeric
1 Tsp Cumin Powder

Shari's Delicious Pizza Crust Du Jour

1 Cup Warm Water
2 Tsp Bread Machine Yeast
1 TB Granulated Sugar
3 Cups Bread Flour
1 Tsp Sea Salt

Shari' Pizza Toppings Du Jour: Specialty Cheeses

2-3 Slices Gouda Chopped
2-3 Slices Sharp Cheddar Chopped
1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella










No comments:

Post a Comment