Sunday, February 2, 2014

Shari's Sexy Seductive Swirly Snacks


So exciting, I made these chocolate swirl rolls without referring to a recipe for the dough, the filling, the oven temperature, or the timer setting! A most superb new combination, my own creation. We had some old grapes in the fridge and some dried plums that had been in the cabinet forever. I thought it was time to use them up. I wanted to use them up in epic fashion. I did. My fruit filling was fabulously succulent and delectable, the perfect match for my quintessentially dramatic chocolate swirl rolls.

Shari's Sexy Seductive Swirly Snacks:

Dough:

3 Tsp Granulated Sugar
1 Tsp Yeast
1 Cup Warm Water
2 1/3 Cups Flour
1/3 Cup Cocoa
1 Tsp Salt

Filling:

1/2 Cup Old Red Grapes
1/2 Cup Dried Plums
1/2 Cup Almonds
1/3 Cup Molasses

1. Combine first three ingredients for dough in bread machine canister and mix. Add flour, cocoa, and salt. Turn on dough setting.

2. Put grapes, dried plums, and almonds in a blender and chop.

3. Roll out dough. Spread filling mix on top of dough. Drizzle the molasses over the filling and dough.

4. Cut into 12 chocolate swirl rolls with a serrated knife.

5. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.


















No comments:

Post a Comment