Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Fried Rice

Gotta love fried rice. We have it all the time with whatever's on hand. Anthony and I made fried rice together on our first date! Today for lunch I chopped 1/3 a head of cauliflower, a head of romaine lettuce, a fresh garden tomato, half a vidalia onion, a couple cloves of garlic and a couple sticks of turkey sausage jerky. While I was doing that I had a cup of jasmine rice, a Tb of oil, salt to taste and maybe 1 3/4 cups of water coming to a boil in a sm saucepan w/ lid on high on the stove. Once my rice came to a boil, I stirred it, turned the heat to low, and left it sit there 5 min. During the next 5 min. I cooked my veggies and viddles, except the romaine, on high in a non-stick large skillet in about a couple Tbs each of teriyaki, soy, and oil. I took the rice off the heat, then threw the chopped romaine in with the other cooked items. Finally I added the rice and stirred everything over low heat maybe two minutes. Don't forget to mound fried rice on plates and serve with chopsticks:)

No comments:

Post a Comment