Monday, September 9, 2013

Healthy Spaghetti O's and Dinner Trivia

Tonight after perusing the food supply I pulled a large can of whole tomatoes and a packet of ramen noodles. I opened the can and drained the tomato juice into a medium saucepan. I broke up the ramen noodles into the juice, emptied the beef seasonings packet on top of them, and filled half a tomato can with water before pouring the water too into the pot. I quartered the whole tomatoes on a cutting board then put them in the pot and let it all boil five minutes. We loved the outcome! Over dinner my husband popped a trivia question which he said he and his siblings did often around the dinner table growing up. He asked what type of gas the bubbles were at the bottom of the tomato soup. I asked him to list off for me what the possible answers were for his multiple choice question. He laughed, us both knowing that I was presuming it to be multiple choice. He said the answer was simple, and would not tell me what it was. Finally, he succumbed to my repeated interrogations and said that the gas bubbles at the bottom of the pot are water vapor/steam.



7 comments:

  1. There is absolutely zero "healthy" attributes to processed and packaged Ramen. I would venture to guess that spaghetti-ohs are better for you. You can eat with a budget without ingesting a bunch of preservatives and 1,600 mg of sodium.
    I am only commenting because I see it is a staple to your diet, not just something you eat once in a blue moon. Maybe you should look into homemade ramen if you like that kind of noodle/texture/taste.
    Check this out: http://www.wcvb.com/health/Inside-stomach-Ramen-Noodle-digestion-goes-viral/-/9848730/13471402/-/15ubecz/-/index.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I should look for a homemade ramen recipe:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found a recipe at http://norecipes.com/blog/homemade-ramen-noodle-recipe/.

    ReplyDelete