Monday, September 2, 2013

Southern Labor Day Picnic

I asked Anthony what he wanted for dinner- a Labor Day picnic meal or lasagna. He said a picnic! I got some tea bags out and started boiling some water. I put some frozen sweet potato waffle fries and a couple frozen chicken patties on a baking pan, and stuck it in the oven at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. I washed up some red grapes for a healthy edible garnish. I poured my freshly brewed tea over some ice and sugar. I sliced then toasted a couple French hamburger buns, slathered chipotle mayo on them, and then added some romaine lettuce. Last, I placed the cooked chicken patties on our sandwiches, and the waffle fries on our plates. I had planned on serving ice cream sandwiches for dessert, but we were too full! We had an enjoyable night on the back porch:)


No comments:

Post a Comment