Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Hearty Hunky Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies

I have seen some random monster cookie recipes on Pinterest with everything except the kitchen sink in them, including but not limited to everything from trail mix, chocolate, M&M's, peanut butter, pretzels, oats, and bananas. I asked Anthony if he wanted me to try making some cookies similar to Monster cookies or if he wanted classic chocolate chip. He said I should try the ones with everything in them. He did specify however to leave out the bananas. I raided the cupboards for cookie worthy goodies. And here is what I threw together, without a mixer, and without measuring spoons. Sometimes, those are just not my style. Okay, a lot of the time.


I used the recipe on the back of the chocolate chunks bag to gauge my wet to dry ratios for all of my customized ingredients. I also cut the ratios in half because we did not need too many cookies.


Instead of regular butter, I used peanut butter. Instead of brown and white sugar, I just used brown.



Instead of flour, baking soda, and salt, I used part instant oats and part self-rising flour. Instead of the typical pecans or walnuts, I used MauiWowi trail mix (macadamia nuts, dried cranberries, dried pineapples, etc.) and cocktail peanuts. I also threw in an extra egg for more protein, and so that the dough appeared to be more the right consistency.






Delicious. Anthony could hardly stop eating them!


No comments:

Post a Comment