Saturday, September 28, 2013

Test Kitchen: Curried Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Today I opened up a test kitchen lab in my apartment. I shared play by play updates on Facebook. This post will kind of elaborate on my Facebook posts via pictures.

Facebook Post 1

Test Kitchen in progress. On the menu: Curried Chocolate Chip Cookies with Red Pepper Flakes, Curried Chocolate Chip Cookies with Bacon Pieces, Curried Chocolate Chip Cookies with Dried Cranberries! Which do you think will be the best flavor? I Googled Curried Chocolate Chip Cookies to see if it's been done before. I did actually see some recipes for Curried Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies, Curried Cardamon Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, etc. If you are feeling exceptionally daring, come on over and try a few. Help me decide which flavor is outstanding.





Facebook Post 2

Update 1: The Curried Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is amazing! (I just added 1 Tbsp curry powder 
to my batch.) Now to add the other test ingredients . . .



Facebook Post 3

Update 2: I put 3 Tbsp Cranberries, 2 Tbsp Bacon pieces, and 1 Tbsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes in their respective bowls. Wow, those red pepper flakes pack a punch. The 3 cookie doughs taste good.




I made two rows of each flavor on each pan that I baked.




Facebook Post 4

Update 3: Cookies out of the oven!!! Warm, soft, melt-in-your-mouth ooey-gooey curried chocolate chip cookies:) As we had predicted, Anthony's favorites were the ones with cranberries. My favorites were the ones with bacon. The bacon added a nice, slight chewiness, and a subtle meaty flavor.
  






No comments:

Post a Comment