Friday, September 20, 2013

Python Programming 101 w/ The Grad Student Husband

Today UPS delivered to our apartment a BabyTrend Travel Jogger System.


My parents wanted to buy us a stroller for our little one on the way. Anthony's parents wanted to buy us an infant car seat. I ordered this combo off of Amazon to get both sets of parents the best bang for their bucks. I have briefed the parents on my findings, and the plan is they are going to split the price. Of course there are many ways they could split the price! The most obvious way would be to split the price evenly. I was curious though. I looked up what the items cost separately on Amazon.



I quickly jotted down by hand some figures and estimates as to what percentages the parents would be saving. Well, earlier this evening my husband had just taught me a little Python programming so we decided my curiosity would make great Python practice. So that is what we did.






Here is our code. You can try it out for yourself. Of course I did just note that the stroller was $139.00 not $139.99 so alas our numbers can still be more precise lol. But that will be for another day.



5 comments:

  1. Whoa! Can't say I followed the Python the whole way but I'm glad you and Anthony did lol. It's always good to challenge the brain!

    Seriously, we're fine to evenly split the cost or to buy the stroller since I had mentiioned it to you a couple of months ago. Just see what Anthony's parents want to do and let me know :)

    I picked up a similar stroller at a consignment store and love it, especially for walking on sidewalks, trails, etc. I know your family will be outside a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Thanks Mom. We had a lot of fun with Python. It was good to get your second opinion about the BabyTrend brand earlier this month. You are such a good grandmother! We love the colors of the stroller and car seat,so beautiful in person, a nice dark gray and deep plum color. My friend Kim pointed out that purple is a Clemson color! All we have to do is add an orange bow and we'll be game day ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sharon, That's an excellent Python program. Glad to hear that you are having fun with Python., We have some advanced tutorials at Firebox. Check out out Pythion playlist on Youtube for more.
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbbJy7LxchQMaoK9-46nOdCHhrgANhenl

    ReplyDelete