Thursday, September 19, 2013

Fall Colorful Country Vegetable Plate

I must say that much of my inspiration for this dinner came from one of my favorite American country restaurants, Cracker Barrel. The first part of my inspiration came from the fact that I had a couple of carrots and a potato that were going bad on me. I made a colorful rice pilaf type thing from brown rice, carrots, and the potato. I guess it could be reminiscent of Cracker Barrel's hash brown casserole only healthier. I pretty much made a copycat brown gravy recipe using a sliced vidalia onion and a can of chicken gravy. Then I made my rendition of fried apples.


I used up the rest of our paula red apples. They turn into amazing fried apples. We don't really care for them for just regular eating because they are so soft and tart. I like either a crunchy tart apple or a sweet crunchy apple for regular snacking.









3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! Just curious--do you take most of the beautiful pictures of your cooking steps or does Anthony? They are always very inviting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I take most of the pics. Anthony will pop over and take a pic or a few pics occasionally.

    ReplyDelete