Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Thick Pancakes With No Milk or Eggs Added

Yesterday I tried to go grocery shopping at Aldi. The lights were on but they weren't open. The other customers and I standing outside the locked doors couldn't figure out what was up if they were getting held up or what until we saw a sign- Closed for Labor Day. I thought it was kind of ironic that a German grocery store was closed on an American holiday and the American grocery stores were still open. Pretty funny. At any rate, I didn't save as much as I would have liked to this week shopping, but I did end up getting a bunch of different or new to us items, very exciting. One of these new items was a box of Aunt Jemima's Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix which I purchased at Big Lots. All that needs to be added to the mix is water, no milk or eggs! I made pancakes with the new mix this morning for breakfast. Our pancakes were almost an inch thick! Anthony said he and his family used to make thick pancakes growing up, and that he likes them that way. Me too. I think I might even eat a couple more for lunch. I'm thinking something like a toasted pancake sandwich stuffed with pickles and a chicken patty. I asked Anthony if he wanted a similar sandwich to take to school, but he just wanted a regular sandwich.




Leftovers


Anthony's Regular Lunch Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment