Thursday, September 12, 2013

Broccoli Baklava

I was wondering what I'd make for supper as I looked through my food supply. In the freezer I found an item of note that had been with us for awhile, since before our move to Clemson in May. It was leftover from some random shopping trip when I bought ingredients to make Beef Wellington and had substituted phyllo for pie pastry. I had only used half of the phyllo, and the other half was still wrapped in plastic. Indeed phyllo pastry can keep for quite some time. I thought, "hmm . . . I wonder what I can make out of that." My husband says I make stuff out of nothing. He loves that I do that, and I think doing so is a lot of fun. I was just trying to think of something good to make. I will also mention that in my investigation of the freezer, I perused the backs of the food packages, scanning them for ideas. I had turned up nothing so far. When I read the back of the phyllo box, I thought, "hmm, I can work with that."









After I made a few grand component substitutions and a change in layout design . . . this is what my recipe looked like:

Olive Oil Spray
20 Sheets of Phyllo Pastry
1/2 Bag Frozen Stir-Fry Vegetables
1 Gourmet Cucumber
2 Carrots
1 Vidalia Onion
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Mayonnaise
Salt & Pepper
2 Eggs



Allow me to recommend Broccoli Baklava to you.


No comments:

Post a Comment