Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Succotash Pie



I made succotash pie and side salads for dinner. Upon tasting the pie I knew it had to be too good to be low-fat. I immediately arose from the table to check the refrigerated pie crust box label. Yep, it had more fat than the Ranch salad dressing Anthony was using on his salad. I decided to save half of my portion of the pie for tomorrow so that I did not eat too much saturated fat in one sitting.

I questioned Anthony as to what he thought of the meal. I thought the pie was amazing and I loved the crunchy romaine lettuce. It was quite edible even without salad dressing. To my pleasant surprise, Anthony said that he does not usually like succotash but that it was pretty good tucked inside the pie pastry. I began to lightly chide him saying that he was a southerner, how could he not like succotash? I said my Gramma liked to make succotash and would put sausage in it. He said his Mom had made it too.

Succotash Pie:

1 Pie Crust
1 can of Succotash










No comments:

Post a Comment