Sunday, January 26, 2014

Onion Orange Molasses Muffins




I asked Anthony what he wanted for supper. He asked me what the options were. I told him the first option was bread with corn in it and tomato soup. He said, "Oh, cornbread." I said, "No, bread with corn in it." He was like, "um, no." He said maybe orange muffins with tomato soup. Then I decided to add onion and molasses! And so onion orange molasses muffins came into being.

The muffins turned out fantastic. Anthony thought they tasted similar to onion bread and that the orange made them very moist. I thought the molasses gave them a pretty color as well. Anthony said he could see them accompanying a steak dinner. They were quite dignified muffins.

Onion Orange Molasses Muffins:

1 1/2 Tb Molasses
1/2 Diced Onion
1 Peeled and Chopped Orange

1 Egg Beaten
1/4 Oil
3/4 Milk

2 Cups Flour
2 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp. Salt

1. Simmer onion and orange in molasses on the stove.
2. Beat egg. Add oil and milk. Blend.
3. Dump flour, baking powder, and salt on top of wet ingredients. Blend.
4. Add simmered ingredients from stove.
5. Bake 19 min. at 400 degrees in lightly greased muffin pan. 










No comments:

Post a Comment