Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Food Experimentation: Citrus Infused Grilled Carrot Sandwich


Not sure exactly how I came up with this one. I suspect it had something to do with the flavor profile of the last sandwich I ate: apple, lettuce, & spicy mustard on honey-wheat. There's something about sweet, savory, & spicy that just works. I also saw a similar juice flavor profile on Pinterest today when I was adding a new board which I titled "Juice." 

And so today for lunch, between feeding the baby, taking and making phone calls, doing laundry, catching up on Facebook, Gmail, Pinterest etc. while taking care of my baby I made a special grilled sandwich.

The first bite was awful. After I removed the bitter grilled oranges the sandwich became epic. The citrus and ginger infused grilled carrots accompanied with horseradish sauce and toasted honey-wheat bread were definitely award winners. I will have to make this toasted sandwich again. Below I will list the ingredients I made it with, in case you would like to try making this experience for the taste buds:

2 Slices Honey-Wheat
1 Thinly Sliced Orange
2 Thinly Sliced Carrots
A Few Dashes of Ground Ginger
2 Tsp. Horseradish Sauce









1 comment: