Tuesday, March 18, 2014

deep dish pizza


It's spring break for my husband. Tonight I wanted to do something other than rice for something different to kind of have fun. I decided on pizza. Then I thought I'd make my pizza deep dish since I have never done that before, and I have been wanting to. I made my own crust recipe and sauce recipe. Then I googled "chicago style pizza recipe" to check on layering my "Chicago-style" pizza correctly. The first and only recipe I looked at was Food Network's Chicago Style Pizza. Sure enough, it was as I thought, the cheese goes directly on top of the dough. The sauce goes on top of the cheese. The toppings go on top of the sauce.

Anthony and I had some pretty interesting dinner conversation. We both agreed that perhaps an Indian chicken curry pizza would be good sometime, or a cauliflower curry pizza. I was going on about what I should name my deep dish pizza, and something about it being pizza with an identity crisis. It was almost too thick to be a Chicago-style crust, and the pizza had Philly cheese-steak toppings. Then I extrapolated about inventing a new pizza genre, the Clemson-style pizza. It would have to be new and different. Maybe instead of the NY-style (crust, sauce, cheese, toppings) or the Chicago-style (deep dish crust, cheese, sauce, toppings) my future Clemson design could be crust, toppings, sauce, cheese.

Full of ideas, I asked Anthony for our next trip if we could go to Mars. We went to China last year. I've been to Russia, Ukraine, Israel, and Canada. I said maybe we could go for research or something. I was pretty much joking of course. He said that there is a company that is actually working on sending some people to Mars to settle there. Anthony said that it takes 2 1/2 years to fly/shuttle there. He said it would be quicker to go to the moon. It only takes 3-4 days to get there. I said maybe he could do some 3D printing research up on there. I could run a Clemson-style pizza shop on the moon, and everyone would love it because it would be the only pizza shop up there.




















No comments:

Post a Comment