Wednesday, March 19, 2014

ratatouille-inspired soup


Consider this a spoof on ratatouille. My fridge was full of veggies, fruit, and leftovers. I pulled a bunch of colorful ingredients and starting chopping and throwing into a pot. Things that went in included: zucchini, peppers, potatoes, and apples. My base was leftover butternut squash curry. I added a couple cups of water. I brought it all to a boil, and then let it all simmer for awhile. The apples kind of substituted for tomatoes. Apples and tomatoes are both sweet and sour. The McIntosh variety of apples that I used were also soft like tomatoes. The soup was good. It was not bad. It was not amazing. We added salt and pepper. Anthony would have rather had the ratatouille spoof over rice without the potatoes. I liked it the way it was.

ratatouille-inspired soup:

butternut squash base
2 cups water
1 zucchini
2 red-skinned potatoes
2 mcintosh apples
handful of mini peppers





















No comments:

Post a Comment