Saturday, March 29, 2014

Spiced Banana Pecan Cake


Anthony asked if I would make a banana nut cake. I agreed to make one since there is going to be a church potluck dinner tomorrow. I needed a dish to take. I got out my Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook, and found a banana cake recipe. I went with the 9 x 13 version because it would be quicker. I got most of my ingredients out only to discover that I was out of baking powder. To make up for it, I used half self-rising flour, and half all-purpose flour. I also cut the salt and baking soda in half. I wondered at the "lack of " spices called for in the recipe I was using, I mean "nonexistent" spices. I mustered up my own spices including: ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon! I also added pecans to the recipe. I think that about explains the extent of my banana cake customizations for the evening. The cake turned out heavenly.










No comments:

Post a Comment