Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Shari's Indian-Inspired Butternut Squash Curry


So my pastor's wife randomly awesomely gave me a butternut squash the other day. This evening I decided to use it for supper. My husband kindly chopped it up for me. I made a curry for it from Indian ingredients. I then compared my results to some similar recipes online: Butternut Squash & Coconut CurrySambhar, and Indian Summer Stew: Butternut Squash, Coconut, and Lentil Stew. Not bad! Our supper was perfect! Not too much or too little spicy. The dish tasted buttery. I would make it again.

Shari's Indian-Inspired Butternut Squash Curry:

1 TB Ghee
2 Dashes Hing
2 Tsp Tumeric
2 Tsp Minced Garlic
2 Tsp Ginger Paste

1/2 Ginormous Onion
1 TB Chobani Yogurt
2 Cups Water

1. Saute ghee and spices.
2. Add onion. Stir.
3. Add yogurt. Stir.
4. Add water. Stir.
5. Add butternut squash. Stir. Cover. Cook until soft. Mash with fork.
6. Simmer. Serve.
















No comments:

Post a Comment