Friday, March 7, 2014

Pizza Baozi



I made my first attempt at pizza baozi (Italian Chinese fusion cooking)! They turned out delicious. They had a real Italian flavor, but not quite pizza. If I make them again sometime, and want them to taste more like pizza I will add more cheese, more tomatoes, and I will use pepperoni instead of ground beef.

I only had 1 cup of self-rising flour so I added some all-purpose flour, yeast, sugar, and warm water to my usual recipe.



Pizza Baozi:

Dough:

1 Cup Self-Rising Flour
2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
2/3 Tsp. Yeast
1 Cup Warm Water
2/3 Tsp. Salt
3 Tsp. Brown Sugar

Filling:

1 lb. Ground Beef
1 Onion
1/2 Green Bell Pepper
1/2 Yellow Squash
1 Roma Tomato
2 Tsp. Minced Garlic
3 TB Mozzarella Cheese
1 TB Parmesan Cheese
1 Tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
2 Tsp Italian Seasoning
2 Tsp. Basil
2 Tsp. Salt










No comments:

Post a Comment