Saturday, July 12, 2014

Fresh Basil & Tomato Pizza

This is a Sbarro inspired pizza. When I was recently in PA, at the Montgomery Mall, I got a slice of pizza for lunch. The pizza was amazing and incredibly fresh tasting. It had a layer of fresh basil and tomato instead of sauce, then large slices of fresh mozzarella on top. As soon as I ate it, I knew I wanted to try making something similar sometime . . .

Shout out to Barb Fisher, who brought me fresh tomatoes, basil, and oregano from her garden the other day! I knew right away what I was going to make with them. And so today, Saturday lunch, I got my fresh ingredients out of the fridge after putting my dough to spinning in the bread machine.

After compiling my dough, fresh basil, fresh tomatoes, droplets of olive oil, and finally frozen shredded mozzarella, I sprinkled my favorite Italian five spice on top! I do not know if Italian five spice is original to me, but I do know that it is much different from Chinese five spice. My Italian five spice includes garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and oregano. This time, I used fresh oregano!

The first thing out of my mouth when I tried my fresh basil and tomato pizza was, "Oh wow." Another pizza success in the bag. Anthony really liked the pizza too.







No comments:

Post a Comment