Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Shastya Goes To A Phillies/Braves Game!

My parents took Anthony, Shastya, and me to a Phillies/Braves game at the Phillies stadium, Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia a couple weeks ago. At Shastya's first Phillies/Braves game, Shastya wore a pink Atlanta Braves shirt that her Daddy (Anthony) had picked out, and bought for her at a thrift store in South Carolina.

Right at the beginning of the game, my Dad (Shastya's Granddad) and I went to buy some sunscreen for my little baby girl. While we were shopping I spotted a miniature Phillie Phanatic for sale behind the counter. I requested the iconic sports mascot for baby Shastya, Granddad obliged. We did not know if sunscreen was going to be enough protection for our sweet little Shastya, so we searched the souvenir venue we were at for a ball cap for Shastya. We thought a ball cap would help shield her eyes so she could look out and enjoy the game! What do you know, we found a cute pink and purple reversible Phillies ball cap there for her! You gotta love ballpark prices. They are hysterical! I believe the little green Phanatic cost $14.99! The little pink reversible cap cost a whopping $19.99! Granddad told us later that the Philly Phanatic is the most well-known mascot in sports! He also said he would keep the mini Phanatic, and the pink baby ball cap in case his other little granddaughters wanted to come to the games!

The game we attended at the Phillies stadium was all drama. The Braves scored a bunch of points, and then they scored a bunch more points. The Phillies scored at least once or twice. Shastya cheered for both the Phillies and the Braves. She cheered whenever either team scored, and so did I.

















No comments:

Post a Comment