Friday, October 4, 2013

Homemade Pizza Dough with the Bread Machine

For tonight's homemade pizza dough with the bread machine I used one of my old pizza cookbooks that my brother gave me for my birthday one year. I just used the traditional dough recipe, adjusted it to my bread machine, and added some extra sugar because I like my dough a little sweeter. I also just used vegetable oil instead of olive oil because that is what I had on hand. I used my favorite brand sauce, Hunts, the garlic & onion variety. For toppings I cut up sweet mini peppers, half of a bell pepper, and some smoked ham. In addition to these I also scattered grated mozzarella and bacon pieces over my pie. I put a dusting of cornmeal on the bottom for some texture. I also turned my oven temperature higher than most recipes call for. I just like it that way. You better believe the pizza shops have hot and toasty ovens! My pizza was an amazing success. We were so happy to have some leftovers despite the fact that the pizza was so tasty. Now we can save some of this delicious pizza in our freezer so we will have some good food after baby Garland arrives and I'm recuperating.













No comments:

Post a Comment